Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"A Monster drink, ClaritinD, Fake Hair, Stilettos, Rear-Ends, Prejudice and Male Logic!"

Monster Drinks

I drank my first Monster drink today given to me by my friend, who we shall call the "police officer." I have a one word phrase for that......ugh!" Whatever happened to simply resting and going to sleep? What's wrong with that? What are we doing during a 24hr time period that has us shunning sleep and rest? Why are we drinking things to divert the fact that we need rest? Mind you my friend, "the police officer" has stated to me, "Ain;t nobody got time for rest. No time for no sleep." But I believe we were designed to rest and sleep.  Energy drinks are the new tanning beds.  I can tell you the older I get the more I value sleep and relaxation. Call me insane, but if I don't have to wake up at 5:00 or 6:am "I WON'T!"

I remember as a kid in the summer time, my mom would call us from outside at or around 1:00pm to come in and get this,"TAKE A NAP." I remember kicking and screaming, not wanting to go to sleep because I thought I was going to miss something.  What was I going to miss?  But now, rewind back to 1978. Take me back to "8" and let me here my mother say nap. I'm on it! I wish my boss would come in and say, "Lori, you look like you need a nap. Close your door and take and hour." Do you think I would holler, fuss or scream? Heck no! I would grab my body pillow (hidden in my closet) and be obedient to leadership.

But seriously, why do we do crazy things as adults?  It's like we walk around having out-of-body experiences daily. A part of me hates getting older cause the crazzies follow. When I drank the Monster drink nothing happened......not-a-thing.  Leading me to believe, maybe that boost of energy is all in our minds.  Maybe we need to get somewhere and sit down and rest.  Realize what we really want out of life. Is money that important to where we can't rest because we're so caught up in earning it?  Don't get me wrong, I would love to be wealthy and someday I will be (*When somebody gives me a juvenile fiction book deal) but not at the expense of my health and wellbeing.  I want to be financially secure enough to take a nap during the day from noon-2pm.  FOR REAL!

Claritin D

I have not had a cold or allergies for well over 10yrs. I took a ClaritinD when I came home because I felt like something was on the verge of going down in my nasal cavaties. And sense illness and I do not get along, I wanted to take precautions. Needless to say nothing, just like that Monster drink,nothing happened. My nose is still stuffy!? I'm sitting here now with a small wad of tissue paper, from a box, not a roll, in my nose. I've waited close to 8hrs. I'm miserable! I now fully understand how the sick and elderly overdose on prescription and over-the-counter meds.  I just saw a commercial with my symptoms so now I'm thinking I might need to get tested for diabetes? One pill has spooked me.

 I remember when this stuff first came out it was like medical crack for allergies. One ClaritinD would dry up close to 60%  of the water in your body! It was so powerful until they had to sell it to you from behind the counter.  Remember?  The only thing on the shelf was the cardstock advertisment that you had to to take to the counter and show ID to purchase. It appears at one point in time there was an ingredient used in the production of Meth. But now, in 2012, you can buy it out right again.  So what does that say about Meth? Has it gotten stronger? What does that say about ClaritinD? Is it nolonger effective? There has to be a conspiracy. That lead me to this:  Is society turning us into medicine and energy junkies? These pharmacutical commercials are crazy. There's always one benefit; but 10 warnings. Go figure. You can perform, but all at the risk of having a stroke, a seizure, a bloodclot, blindness, infections, hemmorage, etc. You can grow eyelashes, but you might go blind in the process.  Energy drinks. You get energy...but only for 5hrs. The next 19hrs you're walking around irratible and upset because ya mind is saying it can go the distance but your body is about to crash because it needs rest.  Crazy.

Confusion

At what point do we really realize we're grown? An adult?  Allow me to share what the comunity in my head is talking about at their council meeting right now. 

Whenever I'm at the local mall, why are there more moms in the "tween-teen" stores without their daughters? Who are the people telling them that it's okay for them to dress like they are in high school when their body looks like iti s clearly heading for the AARP discount club? Who!?! What happened to the grown woman code? Was it changed? Revamped and no one told me? There use to be pride in being a grown woman. They dressed different.  Walked different.  Had different conversations. But now. Case in point. I have a friend named Doris. I love Doris- not in a lesbian way-. Everyday Doris comes to work dressed. I mean dressed! She has her own style. She walks like a grown lady. Talks like a grown lady. Handles you like she grown. Will tell you off like she grown. And you know what, her clothes are never too tight, too low- okay one time she did wear a top that was a little too low and when I said something to her she made a comment about my breasts looking like two little boy fists. (*Maybe she didn't say it like that but it was said around two other ladies that had ample breasts so that's how I interpreted it) But anyway, Doris is the epitomy of grown womaness. Thinking about how she carries herself prompted me to thinking about other things I am confused about when it comes to being grown. I am in dire need of someone giving me closure on these five things:

1. Faux Hair (Weave)- Why must we wear it down to our elbows?  Just above the buttocks? What happened to trying to fool people into thinking it was yours?

2. Stilettos - Who has convinced us that these are practical for work? Strippers have won! They have revamped the professional attire to include shoes of ridiculious height around men. Men now get to watch ladies bounce and flounce all day in super high heels without leaving a tip.

3.  Rear Ends- How big is really too big?  How much bottom do men really find attractive as oppossed to repulsive?  And why won't they tell us?

4. Male Logic-  Why won't a man tell you when he doesn't like you anymore but keep grinning in your face? Do they stop to think that not telling you will hurt your feelings even more?

5. Prejudice-  If a racist were told he or she needed blood or a transplant to live, would they accept it from a person of a different race?  At what point is hate worth abandoning?

That concludes my list of confusing things for today- my body just caught up with my mind- I need rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment